Some links on my website may be affiliate links and I may earn revenue from purchases as a result of buying something through those links.
Words have power and I love awesomely powerful quotes. As I come across quotes that I like, I make note of them in my journal. I’m especially partial to motivational and inspirational quotes. Here are 21 of my favorite powerful quotes.
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frighten us. We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?” Actually, who are you not to be? ~Marianne Williamson”
- “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” ~Wilma Rudolph
- “The Pessimist Sees Difficulty In Every Opportunity. The Optimist Sees Opportunity In Every Difficulty.” ~Winston Churchill
- “We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.” ~May Sarton
- “Never let your past decisions determine your future outcome.” ~Mark Dudley
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t you’re right.” ~Henry Ford
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but building the new.” ~Socretes
- “Hold the vision, trust the process.” ~ Unknown
- “Forget all the reasons it won’t work and believe the one reason that it will.” ~ Unknown
- “Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.” ~Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” ~Harriet Tubman
- “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” ~Will Rogers
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” ~Helen Keller
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~Thomas A. Edison
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain. ~Vivian Greene
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” ~Wayne Gretzky
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” ~Mark Twain
- “You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” ~Shonda Rhimes
- “Every great story on the planet happened when someone decided not to give up, but kept going no matter what.” ~Spryte Loriano
- “The stars will never align, and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. ‘Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it ‘eventually,’ just do it and correct course along the way.” ~Tim Ferriss
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” ~ Henry Ford
One of the best ways to keep a positive attitude is with a gratitude journal. I talk more about gratitude journals and show you some of the pages inside my journal in this Keeping a Gratitude Journal article.