Some links on my website may be affiliate links and I may earn revenue from purchases as a result of buying something through those links.
Words have power and I love awesomely powerful quotes. As I come across quotes that I like, I make note of them in my journal. I’m especially partial to motivational and inspirational quotes. Here are 21 of my favorite powerful quotes.
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frighten us. We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?” Actually, who are you not to be? ~Marianne Williamson”
- “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” ~Wilma Rudolph
- “The Pessimist Sees Difficulty In Every Opportunity. The Optimist Sees Opportunity In Every Difficulty.” ~Winston Churchill
- “We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.” ~May Sarton
- “Never let your past decisions determine your future outcome.” ~Mark Dudley
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t you’re right.” ~Henry Ford
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but building the new.” ~Socretes
- “Hold the vision, trust the process.” ~ Unknown
- “Forget all the reasons it won’t work and believe the one reason that it will.” ~ Unknown
- “Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.” ~Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” ~Harriet Tubman
- “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” ~Will Rogers
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” ~Helen Keller
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~Thomas A. Edison
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain. ~Vivian Greene
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” ~Wayne Gretzky
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” ~Mark Twain
- “You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” ~Shonda Rhimes
- “Every great story on the planet happened when someone decided not to give up, but kept going no matter what.” ~Spryte Loriano
- “The stars will never align, and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. ‘Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it ‘eventually,’ just do it and correct course along the way.” ~Tim Ferriss
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” ~ Henry Ford
One of the best ways to keep a positive attitude is with a gratitude journal. I talk more about gratitude journals and show you some of the pages inside my journal in this Keeping a Gratitude Journal article.
What a great list of positivity and gratitude quotes! Thanks for compiling this list to reference.
Thank you for posting this! I really enjoy reading uplifting content like this!! Quotes can change a person’s outlook on life.
These are worthy quotes. I particularly like this:: “We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.” ~May Sarton
I love these!
“Forget all the reasons it won’t work and believe the one reason that it will.” ~ Unknown
This was my favorite!
These are some wonderful quotes. I will have to keep some of these in mind for tough days.
I think this is my favorite quote. Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain. ~Vivian Greene
These are amazing! Very powerful and inspiring! I love Mark Twain’s “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” So empowering.
This is a great list to pin or screenshot. Those days when you need them you can never seem to find them! Thank you.
Thanks for sharing! It’s always good to find words of courage. Being positive is a lifestyle! I’m saving this and sharing it too.
This is a great post to ponder. I love thes quotes. It shows how we are being formed in our daily living.
I love quotes they definitely uplift your spirits.
I love positive quotes! I really needed this today:)
I love inspirational quotes. My favorite is, impossible in only in the dictionary for fools. Thanks for sharing!
This is a great post. Such an inspiring post, especially “We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.” ~May Sarton. It just shows how people to be themselves. Thanks for sharing!
These are so uplifting, and motivational. This is my favorite one: “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” ~ Henry Ford
You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them by Shonda Rhimes is my favourite of all. It is so inspiring and motivating
I love finding great positive quotes, and these are some great ones to ponder and live by. Thanks for sharing these.
Great quotes! Love the post!
These are all great quotes but my favorite is “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” This is so meaning full in my life right now. Thank you for sharing!
I absolutely love positive, motivating quotes! One that really struck me here is that in 20 years you’ll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did!