Some links on my website may be affiliate links and I may earn revenue from purchases as a result of buying something through those links.
Orange Chicken with Cauliflower Fried Rice
One of my favorite Asian cuisine dishes is orange chicken and like most things, I especially love it when my husband cooks it. Well, he made some Orange Chicken and Cauliflower Fried Rice last night so we wanted to share the recipe with all of you. This recipe will yield about 6 servings so be sure to cut down on ingredients if you’d like to prepare less.
Ingredients for Orange Chicken with Cauliflower Fried Rice:
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup of mirin
- 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
Orange Glaze Sauce
- 1 cup of orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup of sweet chili sauce (found in the international aisle of the grocery store)
- 1 cup of oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup of mirin
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
Breading for Chicken
- 4oz of panko crumbs
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Oil for frying
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and combine into the bowl with salt and pepper, mirin, and sesame oil.
- Mix together and set aside.
- Grab 3 containers. In one container, add 1 cup of flour. In the second container, add the eggs and milk and beat them as if you were making an omelet. In the third container, add the panko crumbs and remaining flour.
- Set your deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Take each piece of chicken and individually dip them into each bowl. Make sure you use the wet hand/dry hand method.
- Drop the chicken into the deep fryer and cook until golden brown. Usually about 3-5 minutes. The pieces will start to float to the top when done.
- Set the chicken aside.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Fried Rice:
- 2 10 oz bags of Cauliflower Rice
- 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots
- 3 green onions
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Cauliflower Fried Rice Directions:
- Heat up wok or frying pan and add a tablespoon of oil.
- Add chopped yellow onion and cook until they start become semi-transparent.
- Drop in garlic cloves sautee them with the onions. Be careful not to burn.
- Add both bags of cauliflower rice to the wok or pan and stir-fry all ingredients for 3-5 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add the frozen peas and carrots and stir for an additional minute or so.
- Add a tablespoon of soy sauce and salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Sprinkle green onions on top to finish the cauliflower fried rice.
**If the cauliflower rice starts to stick to the pan, you can use a bit of mirin to deglaze the pan.
Orange Glaze Directions:
- Heat a saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl.
- Add chicken to saucepan and top it with glaze. Cook until the chicken is fully coated.
Overall this Orange Chicken recipe was super yummy. The orange flavor really comes through and the chicken was tender and moist. Using cauliflower rice is also a great way to incorporate extra veggies into your diet.
For more of our recipes, check out the food section.