Some links on my website may be affiliate links and I may earn revenue from purchases as a result of buying something through those links.
Paprika and Achiote Spice Rubbed Chicken Wings Recipe
If you are looking for a healthy alternative to frying chicken wings, look no more. The combination of smoked paprika, achiote, and olive oil will turn these delicious paprika and achiote’ chicken wings into a family favorite. My husband sometimes gets recipes that pop into his mind and this chicken wing recipe was a real winner. The chicken wings came out tasty (and healthy). The wings are very moist and tender.
Chicken Wing Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes (wings will need time to marinate anywhere from 2 hours to overnight)
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Paprika and Achiote Spice Rubbed Chicken Wings Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons of smoked paprika (you can sub regular paprika if you don’t have smoked)
- 4 tablespoons of achiote powder
- 4 teaspoons of black pepper
- 4 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of adobo seasoning (usually found in the Hispanic aisle of the grocery store)
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
Main Dish Ingredients:
- 8 full chicken wings
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl then place chicken wings into a gallon sized storage bag.
- Coat wings with dry rub mixture. It’s great to use your hands to make sure the wings are fully coated.
- Pour olive oil into the bag and seal it. Mix the oil throughout the bag and set wings in the refrigerator to marinate.
Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Place wings on a large flat pan. Make sure wings are fully spread out. A cookie sheet works great here.
- If you are using a pan that’s not already seasoned or non-stick, we recommend that you spray with a coat of cooking spray.
- Set wings into the oven on the middle rack for 45 minutes. Check wings every 5 minutes or so after the 30-minute mark to account for temperature fluxation in various ovens.
- Remove wings from oven and flip them all right side up. Turn oven to broil or your highest setting if your oven doesn’t have a broil feature.
- Place chicken wings back into the oven for 10 minutes but check wings every 1 minute or so after 5 minutes. You want the wings to be crispy, but not burnt.
- Remove wings from oven and enjoy.
Serving Suggestion: Serve paprika and achiote chicken wings with your favorite side. Last night, we had the wings with yellow rice and sauteed garlic green beans.
Like this recipe? Check out more of our recipes on our food page.